Unfortunately things do not always run smoothly, so if you are faced with problems here are some suggestions as to how to approach them.
- If you are having problems within your club or society, meet as a committee to consider the issue as a group rather than reacting as an individual. This will enable you to think and act objectively and have a balanced approach to any problems.
- If you are having club or society problems of a financial nature please bring this to the attention of your Development Coordinator or the Finance officer as soon as possible.
- If you are having problems with a committee member speak to your Development Coordinator.
- If you are having problems with a member of staff (LUU) then please follow these guidelines
- If you aren't sure how to proceed please contact the Activities Officer or the Student Activities Manager Geoff Banks (firstname.lastname@example.org).
At any time please remember that there are a number of people here to help you. We'd be really surprised if we haven't encountered the problem you are experiencing already so please talk to; yo Development Coordinator, your Activity Rep, the Activities Officer, the Student Activities Manager. We're here to help so please use us.
Hate Crime Incidents
Did you know that the Union is a Hate Crime Incident Report Centre?
A hate crime is something that can be deemed as a criminal offences, which is understood by the victim or any other person as being motivated out of prejudice or hate (www.west-midlands.police.uk/crime-reduction/hate-crime/index.asp)
If you feel that you are a victim of a Hate Crime you can come and see Kay Morrison, Development Coordinator for Faith, Culture, Political and Campaigning, and General Interest (email@example.com) in the Student Activities Office or go the Student Advice Office. Both offices are situated on the First floor of the Union Building.