Give health a voice, make Sam your choice!
Vote Sam For Welfare
Hi! I’m Sam Andersen, a HIV+ Activist & Sociology Student at the University.
My Experiences So Far…
- HIV Peer Mentor with Project 100
- Leeds President & Northern Coordinator for Youth Stop AIDS
- Men’s Welfare Officer for LUU LGBT Society 2016/2017
Give Health A Voice, Make Sam Your Choice!
- Sexual Health Awareness Week
- Self-test STI Kits – testing for STIs such as Chlamydia & Gonorrhoea
- Sexual health tests at the Union, working with Leeds Sexual Health & Yorkshire MESMAC
- More awareness of HIV Testing Week
- A “chill out” room at the Union - a quiet space for those suffering from mental health issues on campus
- Campaigning against the cuts to mental health counselling
- Ensuring counselling services are open out of term time, e.g. January during exam season
- Welfare training for Personal Tutors, ensuring an ability to listen and signpost appropriately
Drugs & Alcohol
- Drug testing kits at the Union, a harm reduction tool
- A Weekly Dropin at the Union, confidential drug & alcohol support for those struggling withtheir drug use, supplied by the drug charity Forward
- Drug & Alcohol Awareness Week, raising awareness about the harmful impact of drugs & alcohol on mental & physical health