Who are we?
We are a friendly, Christian faith society, who aim to help students gain a well-rounded education and find a family away from home. We believe in a holistic approach to student life and work together to help students excel in their academics, health and social and spiritual lives. We work to support every student on campus and warmly welcome all faiths and cultures! We look forward to meeting you soon!
What we believe…
Our denomination of Christian faith is called Seventh-day Adventist. The foundations of what of we believe are based soley upon the Bible ; and we strive to live our lives in accordance with these beliefs.
What does our name mean?
The ‘Seventh-day’ is on our name means we worship on the seventh- day of the week or the Sabbath (from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset) in accordance with fourth commandment (Exodus 20:11).
And the ‘Adventist’ in our name means we believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ. (Revelation 1:7, John 14:3)
What we do
- Join us every Friday for Care Group, a time where we come together in for a home cooked meal, share with other students and learn simple lessons from the Bible and how they apply in our daily lives.
- Nature walks, hikes and exploring Yorkshire!
- Healthy affordable vegetarian and vegan cooking classes
You’ll have the opportunity to learn how to prepare a vegetarian dish or two in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. (Free food!)
- Healthy habit challenges, Natural remedy classes, Optimal health fairs and more…
- Community service and Volunteering opportunities
- Study tip workshops and weekly group study session- a great place to gain accountability in studying while with friends who help you to focus and keep motivated.
- Regular socials – Bowling, Ice-skating, Games Nights
Sabbath youth lunches
All are welcome to join us on Saturdays at our local church for worship and free lunch.
Location of church: Leeds Central church
169 Meanwood Road, Leeds, LS7 1JW
Morning worship service and Sabbath school from 09.30-10.45
Main service 11:00-13:00
Evening service 16:00-18:00
Why not socialise with us after the evening service?
COME DINE WITH ME
Care Group GIAG
Friday 6th October 2017
Little LUU House
Our first Care Group series for the year is Come Dine With me, running for 4 weeks from the 6th- 27th October 2017. Over the next few weeks, we will be delving into the interesting lessons taught by Jesus as He dined with people along His travels and how they can have a postive impact on our experience as students.
Care group is a place where students meet every Friday to share in a free, wholesome meal, meet new friends for life, support each other through challenge's of the week and learn time-tested and effective Bible lessons which have a positive impact on sucessful daily living.
Come Dine With Me Times and Locations
6th October - Little LUU House - 18:00-20:30
13th October - Union Room 2 - 18:00-20:30
20th October - Union Room 2 - 18:00-20:30
27th October - Union Room 2 - 18:00-20:30
Care Group is free, everyone is welcome and meals always cater for vegetarians an vegans!
See you there!