Welcome to the Leeds University Union Cross Country Club page!
From beginner to elite level, LUUCCC welcome all running abilities. In the past we have enabled athletes new to the sport to realise their potential and represent their country. Alongside cross country, we incorporate a wide variety of disciplines, including road racing, fell racing and middle/long-distance track events. The club also has strong links with the orienteering and athletics societies, enabling athletes to vary training and racing. Twice a week sessions are led by an experienced coach, Greg, complemented with group running throughout the week.
Some of our team train every day and others once a week, so you can do as much or as little as you want. The club committee is more than happy to help answer any of your questions!
Peter Dyer & Rory Anderson email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media Secretary
Beth Garland Megan Walker
Leeds Relay Secretary
General Committee Members
We don't limit on the number of people and teams we can enter for races, so we encourage everybody to get involved as the social side is just as important.
University Relays series: Manchester, Edinburgh, Leeds (hosted by us), Nottingham and possibly one or two other university races.
We participate in Varsity against Leeds Beckett in January and compete in BUCS in Feburary.
We aim to have a big presence locally and successfully compete in the Peco XC League, Leeds Abbey Dash, local fell races and Leeds Half Marathon. Some of our athletes also compete in the track & field BUCS in May. With a lot of potential in the club including several international and top-ranked UK athletes, we are aiming to have yet another successful year with strong individual and team performances and medals.
Hopes for season ahead
We are a Gryphon sponsored club, part of the University's sport development program, and enjoy the benefits associated with this, a reflection on the high standard of results we have achieved over the past few years. Last year at BUCS our men's team came 5th and our womens team came 5th and we would like to continue to be competitive at a national level.
- Monday 6.30pm - 3, 5, 7 or 9 mile road run from Cromer Terrace Gym (by the Union) around Leeds
- Tuesday 6.30pm - Grass session at Bodington with our coach Greg Hull. Meet at Sainsbury's in Headingley at 6.10pm
- Wednesday - Rest or own run - check Facebook group.
- Thursday 6:30pm - Winter: Track session or tempo run* or hill session near campus with Greg**. Summer: Track reps at Leeds Beckett track*. *Meet at Sainsbury's in Headingley at 6.10pm; **meet at Cromer Terrace at 6:15pm. Check Facebook or emails for this week's session.
- Friday - Rest or own run - check Facebook group
- Saturday 10.00am - Third training session (check Facebook group for location) if no race. Alternatively Parkrun in Hyde Park (for more information see http://www.parkrun.org.uk/leeds/home)
- Sunday 10.00am - Long run, usually between an 60 and 90 minutes from the Skyrack pub in Headingley. Winter semester there is a couch-to-10 mile run on Sunday mornings.
On days when there is no training scheduled, there is almost always someone running if you don't want to go by yourself! Just post or reply to posts on the Facebook page for running buddies.
Please be aware that you do not have personal accident insurance cover related to this activity. If you would like any cover, please seek this individually. Here are some providers that you can enquire with:
For further information or queries, please contact the committee.
Peter Dyer, Rory Anderson Club Captains
Join our Facebook Group: University of Leeds Cross Country http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=37111715832