Casual Waiting/FOH/Bar Staff
Listed by Homegrown Hospitality
Please email your contact details and any relevant experience to email@example.com
£7.50 - £8.00 per hour, plus travel expenses
Mainly weekends with various hours depending on events.
Note: You will need to source your own transportation to and from events for this role!
Homegrown Hospitality is a growing outdoor catering company, passionate about delivering brilliant food and service.
We plan and deliver outstanding wedding catering, hog roasts and BBQ’s, as well as corporate catering across the Yorkshire region, working from a base in Thorp Arch and delivering events at temporary and fixed venues as well as offices and private homes across the Yorkshire region - sometimes in remote locations.
With roots in farming, we source locally and deliver wholesome hearty food with a focus on sharing and family style service.
We are looking for a team of reliable, well presented and hardworking people to front our team.
During service, the waiting staff's normal roles will include;
- Setting tables
- Delivering food to tables and clearing tables
- Polishing plates, glasses and cutlery
- Helping clean plates and kitchen utensils, and helping with any extra cleaning needs.
On the bar;
- Setting up the bar
- Stocking the bar
- Manning the bar
- Serving drinks both at the bar and at tables
- Handling money whilst working a till.
Waiting staff will handle any customer queries in a professional manner in keeping with Homegrown Hospitality’s high level of customer service.
All staff must know the food and drinks menus of any given event and have good knowledge of the producers and suppliers. Procedures will be in place to familiarise staff with this information.
All employees will comply with Homegrown Hospitality’s code of conduct, policies and procedures, which will be explained during induction.
What skills are required?
- Be a quick learner and have the ability to follow instructions and use initiative
- Smart and tidy appearance
- Have the ability to work in a team
- Be motivated, flexible and reliable with good time management skills
- Be able to prioritise tasks and operate in a pressurised environment
- Have passion for food and drink
- Be outgoing and friendly
- Have good customer service skills
High, Low, Medium
Catering & Hospitality, Customer Service, Vacation Work/Summer camps/seasonal
City Centre, Outer City, Outside Leeds
Flexibility and Adaptability, Initiative, Interpersonal Skills, Motivation and Enthusiasm, Oral Communication, Planning and Organisation, Problem Solving, Team Working