Maths and English Tutors (4 positions)
Listed by NumberWorks'nWords
Email CV and covering letter stating relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay is dependent upon age and experience. Travel allowance if residing in Leeds.
Weekday 3.45pm to 7.15pm and Saturday morning 8.45am to 12.15pm.
Based in Huddersfield, which is easily accessed via Leeds City train station, NumberWorks'n'Words provide after school tuition in maths, English and 11+ for school aged children from the local area. Lessons are individualised for each pupil and we use the NumberWorks'nWords systems and software to facilitate the teaching that our tutors provide.
This role is ideal for anyone who loves maths or English, enjoys working with young people and who may be considering a career in teaching, although this is not essential. Full training will be provided in the use of NumberWorks'nWords systems.
Your duties would include:
- Tutoring school age pupils from Reception to Year 11 in maths and/or English.
- Preparing, planning and delivering individualised lessons.
- Planning and record keeping
What skills are required?
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to impart subject matter knowledge in an effective manner.
- Confident, outgoing and fun personality.
- Flexibility in approach to explaining a variety of concepts.
Initiative, Interpersonal Skills, Managing your own development, Oral Communication, Planning and Organisation