Visit https://www.explorelearning.co.uk/careers/part-time-tutor/?modal=careers-application to apply!
Explore Learning is a Maths and English tuition centre for 4-15 year olds. Since 2001, we have helped over 200,000 children to excel academically, to reach their potential and get the best results they can. We get to know every child as an individual, giving them the space to unlock their imagination and discover the magic of learning. Our goal is to build confident, fearless learners who are hungry for knowledge.
As a Tutor you will form part of a really close knit team dedicated to bringing children’s learning to life and helping us to create fearless learners. As a Tutor you will unlock those light bulb moments every single day and inspire children to become learners for life. You’ll be working with groups of 6 children all of completely mixed ages, ability and backgrounds.
On hand all of the time you’ll be helping to work out tricky tasks, encouraging our members to ask for help, celebrating when they have a go and recognising their hard work and effort. You’ll be trained to have an armoury of different teaching methods at your fingers tips and you’ll be a master of a celebratory High 5!
Being passionate about education you might get the chance to take on ownership for one of our Additional Content courses, these group led classes focus on a variety of skills giving specialist support in things like the 11+, entrance exams, how to succeed in secondary school, creative maths and creative writing.
What skills are required?
- A Grade B or above in maths and English GCSE (or an equivalent qualification) is required
- Previous experience working with children is helpful, but not necessary
We are looking for:
- Great role models that are enthusiastic and encouraging.
- People with a passion for education who can deliver exceptional service.
- Incredible people who will inspire and motivate children.
- Fun, exciting people who will throw themselves into the centre atmosphere.
- The desire to meaningfully impact a child’s education and be an inspirational role model for our members