Listed by Disability Support Recruitment
Application deadline: Thu 30 Nov 2017
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref LUU261017. Tel enquiries to 0796 722 5147
By arrangement, typically 8 or 12 hr shifts
Disability Support Recruitment has been established to provide a service to disabled people by sourcing Personal Assistants who want to work directly with and for, disabled people living in the Leeds area. We are a small not for profit social organisation whose purpose is to bring together people who really enjoy working in this sector and who can understand, relate to and practically support the needs our disabled clients in a proactive and empathetic way.
- To provide support to a sociable female wheelchair user in her 20s with a physical impairment who is looking for enthusiastic and positive female Personal Assistant(s) to join her team and provide support with all aspects of her life.
- Enable her to live a full life including social and voluntary activities such as going to cinema/theatre, swimming and gym, attending various charitable groups and going away at weekends.
What skills are required?
- Able to demonstrate a person centred approach
- Flexible and willing to work at weekends in rotation
- Organised and enthusiastic with good communications skills
- Energetic and physically active, a confident swimmer desirable
- Reliable and committed
- Comfortable driving wheelchair accessible vehicle
Initiative, Interpersonal Skills, Motivation and Enthusiasm, Oral Communication, Team Working