Yorkshire MESMAC is a group of independent community based sexual health and social wellbeing services that are committed to developing and delivering services that are responsive to the needs of our communities.
The overall aim is:
• To research, collect and preserve untold LGBTQ+ social histories
• To encourage a range of audiences to appreciate and learn more about the LGBTQ+ heritage of West Yorkshire. The primary objectives are:
• To ensure that funding obligations are met and to organise the West Yorkshire Queer Stories project to deliver maximum impact on a day to day basis.
• To manage and supervise project staff (up to 4 full time equivalent staff), placements/students, subcontractors, freelancers and volunteers.
• To co-ordinate the work of sessional/freelance staff engaged on the project.
• To coordinate the project team to discover and preserve LGBTQ+ heritage, promote and offer Core curatorial projects
• To inspire, develop and deliver volunteering roles in the WYQS project In particular; • Volunteer advisors (advisory group members)
• Community curators
• To ensure that the West Yorkshire Queer Stories project has in place the systems and infra-structure to support people to become volunteers including recruitment, training, personal development and supervision
. • To use Community Development methods to ensure the involvement of LGBTQ+ people in all aspects of the project including those from marginalised communities
, • To support the wellbeing and learning of everyone participating in the project including volunteers, contributors, partners and audiences and to ensure that high ethical standards are maintained. Salary: NJC points 29 - 31 starting at £25,591 pro rata for 16 hours per week for a fixed term contract until May 2020 + 5% workplace pension and membership of Simply Health (on completion of probationary period). This is subject to confirmation of funding. The successful applicant must be able to start this position on 1st February 2017. Salary is reviewed annually. Further information on this role such as background information, a job description and person specification can be found in our application pack. Application packs can be downloaded from our website: http://mesmac.co.uk/contact/vacancies Closing date is: 10am on Friday 1st December 2017 Please note that late applications and CV’s will not be accepted Interviews will be on the 12th December 2017
What skills are required?
Oral history testimony experience, supervisory skills, excellent organisational skills
Rate of Pay
£25,591 pro rata for 16 hours per week
Leeds, Wakefield, Bradford
16 hours per week