Natural Beverages Ltd are the UK's largest Fairtrade beverage manufacturer and have been creating Fairtrade juices and smoothies for over ten years. We bought the UK their first Fairtrade smoothie back in 2006. Our range has now grown to include Fruit Hit smoothies and juices, the UK's first Fairtrade cola, Ubuntu, and low-calorie smoothie, Froo-T.
We’re looking for a brand ambassador to join our brand ambassador scheme from our top universities across the UK. We need creative, business and marketing minded and responsible students to represent our brands on campus working to key tasks and using their own initiative to drive brand awareness and sales and have fun doing it.
Your job will be to ensure a positive and credible brand image is delivered amongst the student community by continually activating creative, innovative and daring initiatives with an entrepreneurial approach. Ambassadors’s will be empowered to develop and deliver tailor-made marketing plans for your campus.
Key tasks will be:
- brand awareness on campuses
- driving brand loyalty through brand and Fairtrade education and awareness
- ensuring our products are always on shelf and looking as good as can be
-Being active on social media networks locally to drive brand awareness
- Working with on-site catering decision makers to collate sales data and feedback
- Gathering product feedback from students.
- Ultimately and most importantly driving sales. You’ll be expected to dedicate at least 5 hours per month to these key tasks and events and occasionally help out at special events. You’ll also be expected to take part in a monthly conference calls to monitor progress and discuss successes and failures for the previous month, so the team is constantly learning and moving forward. It’s a great opportunity to get a good understanding of how the food and beverage, FMCG and foodservice industries work from the ground up. You’ll also be actively learning marketing activities and skills and having a blast while doing so. Ultimately though, your creativity and drive will dictate your success.
Key Performance Indicators, Remuneration and Incentivisation • Weekly sent photos on well stocked fridges • Organising at least one smaller monthly event i.e. random giveaway of stock, a competition, activity such as run with giveaway reward. • Successful implementation of larger campaigns on campus, sending us photos and creating their own content from these events to share online. • Consistent activity online and demonstration of a growing following • Maintaining and growing sales on campus to agreed targets • Completely a monthly report form to update on progress on campus, events held, successes and lessons learnt. • Consistently coming online for monthly conference call to share successes, lessons learnt, ideas and monthly briefing.
What skills are required?
The Candidates Qualities • Outgoing and sociable, with a strong social media presence and even better real life presence. • Organised and able to put basic reports together on a guideline form. • Good basic understanding of social media and a willingness to learn and take ownership of their own learning and development. • Creative and a self-starter, not afraid to get out there and make things happen independently. • An influencer, able to bring people on board to the cause and espouse our brand values. • Passionate about causes: Fairtrade, ethical trade and health. • Good at building rapport with peers and elders i.e kitchen and catering staff to bring them on board and get their buy in with the mission of selling more BE. They will need to work closely with them. • Mature and responsible, willing to take ownership of their responsibilities, successes and failures and report honestly about this.