Race for Life Promotional Assistant
Listed by Cancer Research UK
Application deadline: Sun 25 Feb 2018
Apply through following link: https://cancerresearchuk.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/External_Careers/job/Home-Based---England/Promotional-Assistants--North-_R008128-1
Race for Life is Cancer Research UK’s women only event series. It brings people together. It raises awareness. And crucially it raises vital funds for our life saving research and will help us reach our aim of seeing 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034.
That’s where you come in. As a Promotional Assistant you will be the face of Race for Life. We want towns and cities across the UK to buzz with excitement about these amazing events and you’ll play an important role in making that happen. With your energy and enthusiasm you’ll love talking to members of the public and showing your passion for Race for Life and Cancer Research UK.
Location: Field based regionally with travel
Role's main purpose:
You will be the face of Race for Life, Cancer Research UK’s women only fundraising event series, raising awareness of the events, driving recruitment and participation, and engaging with our supporters. You’ll be part of a promotional team based across the UK, working to make a difference and help beat cancer sooner.
We want towns and cities across the UK to buzz with excitement about Race for Life – and you will be at the heart of this. We’re looking for motivated individuals, who will be confident talking to people about Race for Life and are passionate about beating cancer sooner. This is a great career opportunity for people who are comfortable taking a lead, working as a team and inspiring others to be part of the UK’s largest fundraising event series.
- Deliver high quality, creative, on brand promotional activity for our Race for Life events with passion and enthusiasm in high footfall locations.
- Deliver passionate and motivating face to face engagement to our Race for Life target audience to drive acquisition and preference to our events.
- Gain a full understanding of our Race for Life Event series and portfolio as well as its marketing campaign and convey its values to the general public to drive acquisition.
- Gain and develop knowledge of your regional events to actively engage with and answer questions the target audience might have about their local event.
- Work with our regionally based Area Marketing Mangers to deliver promotional activity and provide regular activity feedback.
- Deliver full concise activity briefing to our volunteers and work alongside them to upscale our promotional events.
Key Technical Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Behaviours
- Experience of delivering acquisition led promotional events and/or experiential marketing events preferred but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence and ability to represent Cancer Research UK and engage at an exceptional level face to face with the general public.
- The ability to tailor your communication to reflect the Cancer Research UK brand.
- Show creativity, empathy and drive for succeeding in a sales role.
- Be a reliable and conscientious team member who maintains a high standard of performance and appearance at all times.
- The ability to work unsupervised as well as part of a regional team.
- Work to Cancer Research UK’s Health & Safety guidelines and produce Risk Assessment documents as well as adhere to Method Statements.
- Willing to travel extensively across your region and stay away from home if required.
- Be willing to work evenings and weekends during April – August – this is our key recruitment period.
- Driver with access to own car preferred but not essential.
- Some physical activity is required – i.e. setting up small marquees
- Be willing to work in all weather conditions.
- Have access to internet at home.
- Be willing to transport various promotional equipment to and from the promotional activity.
- Be confident in being approached by the public and approaching the public
Key role details
- £7.50 per hour
- Casual contract - hours of work will vary each week
- Start date – 19th March 2018
- End date – casual contract until end approx. July 2018
- Travelling expenses paid
- Mileage paid if car owner.
- Interviews will take place between 28th February and 9th March.
- You may be required to travel to your interview.
You must be available to attend our mandatory Training day on 14th
March in Grantham, Lincolnshire.
Flexible up to 20
Charity & Not for profit, Customer Service, Marketing, digital media and communication
Flexibility and Adaptability, Initiative, Motivation and Enthusiasm, Oral Communication, Written Communication