Are you staying in Leeds for most of the summer?
Joblink in partnership with the University Accommodation department are looking for Summer Residence Assistants.
As a residence assistant you will be based in one, or several of the University residencies, working in a team, checking & preparing the accomodation for multiple uses across the summer, such as for use by Summer schools, conference delegates, festivals attendees and general guests.
Towards the end of the summer the residence teams then have the important tasks of preparing the accommodation for all the new intake of students and providing a warm welcome once they arrive.
Further duties include:
- Support checkout process including rubbish removal and condition check
- Carry out water hygiene Health & Safety procedures
- Support pre-let process to include bed-making and restocking
- Clean and check condition of kitchen appliances
- Undertake general office admin duties where required
- Provide a friendly, warm welcome to new residents and guest throughout the summer
- Assist with guest check-ins and reception duties
- Other duties may be required depending on business demands
Staff working at catered residences will also be required to undertake the following duties.
- Complete a basic food hygiene certificate (training will be provided)
- Assist with the set-up and tidying of dining and kitchen areas before and after meals
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness with in the catering area
- Assist in all types of food service e.g. cafeteria, waitress, family and drinks receptions
- Food service
- Various cleaning duties
- Bar cover may also be required
Required to be successful in this role:
- Lots of energy with a positive attitude and good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Please note that some tasks are repetitive and there will be some manual handling of bulky items.
Please note: All successful applicants will be required to complete a Basic Disclosure (Criminal reference check)
Training for any tasks asked of the assistants will be given
Some uniform and appropriate PPE will be provided
This is a FULL TIME position of 35 hours per week.
There is a mixture of :
Monday to Friday shifts & 5 days worked over 7 days shifts
Start dates - there are three start dates to choose from:
End date - 23rd Sept 18
Training will be on each of the above dates
Key Dates are: All of June through to 29th July
29th Aug through to 23rd Sept
We would encourage you to be as available as possible during these periods. If you are not available for any more than a week within these periods, I am afraid we will be unable to allocate you a role.
Recruitment assessment centres
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to attend an assessment centre.
Currently these are booked on 20th & 25th April. There will be alternative dates to be confirmed.
For this role you will be paid £7.38 - 7.83 dependent on age (plus holiday pay).
You will be paid on a weekly basis.