Be a BAWSE, vote for Eyong for Union Affairs
BE A BAWSE
WHAT DO I STAND FOR?
1. TRANSPARENCY with regards to...
- MONEY (how it is made and how it is spent)
- WASTE (how it is collected & disposed)
- ISSUES THAT AFFECT YOU (what the union's stance is on issues that affect you e.g. rising tuition fees, Brexit, data protection laws)
This will done via easily accessible information on the website, occasional vlogs/tweets and opt-in/out monthly newsletters
2. A UNION FOR ALL
As Union Affairs Officer I will work to make sure that both Union & University services and resources are accessible to all students, in particular for;
- students with physical and/or mental health conditions (both visible and invisible) AND
- students with high contact hours e.g. engineering, medical, nursing and dental students
- continue efforts to increase the range of events held at & by the Union
- continue efforts to diversify LUU's democratic structures
3. PREVENT & CHALLENGE MENTAL ILLNESS
I aim to work alongside and support the Welfare Officer in encouraging the conversation around Mental health, but in particular as the Union Affairs officer I will;
- re-evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of structures in place by the Union & University to prevent mental illness (e.g. personal tutors, school welfare teams)
- lobby the University to create and adhere to reasonable targets to see students suitable for counselling within a reasonable time period
- promote and encourage events and workshops which promote health and wellbeing
VOTE EYONG FOR UNION AFFAIRS.
For more details on my manifesto, any questions, and more about me – follow my social media pages (FB/Twitter/Snapchat) @Eyong4UA