Roles up for grabs
There are six unique roles up for grabs and as well as Gryphon editor.
Which role have you got your eye on?
Union Affairs Officer
- Chairs the board of trustees and holds staff to account.
- Oversees Union finances to make sure the money spent benefits students.
- Makes sure students’ needs are met through the Union’s democratic system.
- Helps govern the University to make sure it reflects the views of students.
- Represents Leeds students in the media.
Get in touch with the current officer here to see how he’s shaped the role.
Sports. Societies. Opportunities.
- Makes sure clubs and societies help students develop and feel happy and healthy.
- Works with the Activities Exec to make sure clubs and societies are what students want.
- Makes sure University sports and co-curricular activities are well supported.
Get in touch with the current officer here to find out what life is like as an Activities Officer.
Housing. Crime. Transport.
- Makes accommodation better so students enjoy living in Leeds.
- Helps students avoid crime to stay safe.
- Represents students to make sure local public services meet their needs.
- Helps students to be active in their city so they get more out of living in Leeds.
Get in touch with the current officer here to get all the info on the world of a Community Officer.
Health. Support. Happiness.
- Helps students with their problems to make sure they have a great time at University.
- Listens to students’ concerns so that issues can be identified and resolved.
- Campaigns to help staff and students build a happy, inclusive community.
Get in touch with the current officer here to see how she finds being your Welfare Officer and get her advice on the Race.
Courses. Libraries. Learning.
- Helps students run the University in partnership to shape how it works.
- Represents students to the University to make sure their education meets their expectations.
- Works with reps to make sure students have a say in how their course is run.
If Education Officer is the role for you, get in touch with the current officer here to ask them anything you want to know.
Equality & Diversity Officer
Access. Inclusivity. Fairness.
- Makes sure that University services vary their approach to suit every student.
- Ensures all students can input into decisions so that the Union meets all needs fairly.
- Enacts students’ ideas for removing barriers to getting the University experience they want.
If you like the sound of Equality and Diversity Officer, Get in touch with the current officer here to see how she finds being your E&D Officer and get her advice on the Race.
Society. Voice. Journalism
- Helps to keep students informed of events in the University, Union, and Leeds.
- Provides a platform for students to have their voices heard.
- Works to engage students with the issues affecting them on campus and beyond.
Pick up your copy of the Gryphon for free in the Union to see how they roll.